HomeKit collects, holds and uses personal information. Consumer information is usually via sales and account creation, but from time to time may be collected via promotions, competitions and consumer queries.
The information may include:
• your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
• information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
• details of any prizes you may have won
• a record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information.
Wherever possible, HomeKit collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
• to contact you directly about your order, HomeKit, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions
• to reward you for being a loyal HomeKit customer
• to inform you of HomeKit products or publications we think you might be interested in
• to approve transactions you wish to make
• to confirm your identity and validate transactions
• to provide you with products you have requested
• to follow up or pursue any queries you make
• to conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information.
HomeKit is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Important information on promotions, competitions and other marketing activities for consumers.
All entries become the property of HomeKit (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with HomeKit) and are held for up to 12 months after the prize draw date. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
HomeKit may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about HomeKit, its brands, special offers, samples, consumer research and other promotions unless otherwise advised by you.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by calling 0800 67 33 77.
You may also request an update or correction of the personal information we hold about you by putting the request in writing to the HomeKit Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under 'Access, and correction of details'.
Winners' names and cities will be published in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
HomeKit does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. HomeKit outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to HomeKit, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
• our related companies
• organisations which provide services to us, such as web development agencies
• mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
• credit reference agencies or other credit providers
• government , credit or statutory authorities that may directly contact you on behalf of HomeKit.
Contact HomeKit's Privacy Officer
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Phone: 0800 67 33 77